Thursday, December 23, 2010

Rotten Forgotten: Best in Category SAA 2006

The star of my works. My first ever entry to the Society of All Artist (SAA) Artist of the year competition 2006. I won the best in category for still life (listed as finalist). Quite a recognition for a part time/amateur painter like me. Considering more than 8,000 entries from all over the world (well, mostly UK). Here is the link. http://www.saa.co.uk/galleries/fullsize.aspx?id=648
The story behind this watercolor painting was, my wife hid some Clementine on the fridge, but they were forgotten. and thus some of them turn bad. Decided to take a few pictures of it, then came the idea of re-arranging it for this painting. The light was done using masking and the rot was done using table salt




No comments:

Post a Comment